SHUN Premier 2 Piece Set (TDMS0220)
Each Shun knife takes at least 100 handcrafted steps to complete, the materials Shun uses are among the most advanced in the industry. Each blade has a cutting core of Shun’s proprietary VG-MAX “super steel” to take and hold a precision edge. The layered Damascus cladding supports the core and provides additional stain resistance. Near the edge of the blade, where the steels meet, an undulating line is formed—similar to the hamon formed when samurai swords are tempered using a traditional clay-baking technique. The hammered tsuchime finish acts like a series of hollow-ground cavities to reduce drag. The handles nestle comfortably in the hand, while the embossed end cap adds balance and beauty.
- Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: Contoured walnut PakkaWood®
- Includes: 20cm Chefs knife TDMB0706 & 16cm Utility knife TDMB0701
- Knives pack in a tasteful wood box suitable for storage or gift-giving.
- Handcrafted in Japan